Your Online Camping Family
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3725 - 06/07/10 07:37 AM Prince Gallitzin
Backwoods Offline
Overnight Camper

Loc: Belle Vernon, PA
Aside from the down pour we experienced Friday and Saturday night the trip was a great time.

On Friday night we had the pleasure of meeting both Crasher and Ranger. Ranger you missed out we did cook the Squawcorn. Crasher had some, it was good!

Saturday during the day was pretty nice, clouds were iffy so we stayed off the canoe but we did some fishing and had a lot of fun. That night was VERY wet though. We toughed uit out and sat around the fire with umbrellas!

Sunday was good until the skies opened up about 3/4 of the way through our cleanup.

Despite a very wet weekend we had a really nice time. It was great to finally meet Crasher and Ranger too!

I will add pics later on.

Don't Want To See These Ads Anymore? Register a New User... Members don't have to see these ads !
#3726 - 06/07/10 08:21 AM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: Backwoods]
Crash Offline

Here for The Week

Loc: hastings, pa
yeah the sqaucorn was very good. i'll have to make that stuff sometime.

#3729 - 06/07/10 01:27 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: Crash]
CampingPA Ranger Offline
CPA Owner
Spend More Time Camping than Working

Loc: Cresson, PA
Nice meeting you and Bekki as well...

Too bad it wasn't a better weekend for you guys...

Let us know if you want to come up that way again sometime...

We can get the pontoon boat out for the weekend and camp out there too...

I have to try that squacorn stuff sometime...

Glad to hear you handed out some stickers and cards ! thumbs

MORE FREE CAMPING GIVEAWAYS THAN ANY OTHER SITE
Become a Member Today and Get Updates on FREE CAMPING !
SIMPLY CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER

Tell your friends, family and other campers...
Come On Over, We'll Keep The Fire Burning For Ya!

Camper: 2014 Keystone Fuzion 310 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler- Ask Us to See It !
Tow Vehicle: 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500HD - Duramax Diesel

#6399 - 04/11/11 07:56 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: CampingPA Ranger]
pyromug Offline
Lerch RV Customer
Overnight Camper

Loc: Everett, PA
We have reservations for Prince Gallitzin in July, but after hearing from many other campers that the rangers are like gestapo, we are rethinking this trip. I heard it is a beautiful park...but I don't want to have a miserable week...Anyone else have issues while staying there?

#6408 - 04/12/11 03:11 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: Backwoods]
Lerch RV Offline
Compare our Prices and Save!

Loc: Milroy, PA
Pyromug,
I have been to and camped at many of our State Parks. I usually prefer to camp at the campgrounds in our State Park System, I feel we are blessed to have such beautiful places in the Commonwealth. However, I can say from personal experience, Prince Gallitzin was one of my least favorites. A lot of it had to with our camping spot, I'm sure. Unfortunately the weekend we were there, it was busy, and the traffic was bad. It was sort of like camping out along route 322 here at the dealership.
If you have not camped there, give it a try. It is a beautiful large park. My experience could just have been one out of hundred. Camping/RVing makes memories, some good and some well..not so good. But they are memories non the less. Keep us informed of what you decide.

Remember we make Buying Easy!

#6409 - 04/12/11 04:08 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: Backwoods]
CampingPA Ranger Offline
CPA Owner

Loc: Cresson, PA
I always loved Glendale...

We camped there for years and years when we were younger !

It definitely is a beautiful park ! However, the rangers there and how they look on dogs is absolutely absurd !

Dogs are only allowed in certain campsites... I get that... But there is a defined - DO NOT CROSS LINE - everywhere you go with the dog...

You are only allowed on certain trails, not allowed anywhere near any beach areas, MUST be on a leash at ALL TIMES... It is ridiculous, and they have absolutely not problem stopping and telling you that they do not have to allow dogs there and the pilot program can be reversed and dogs not allowed again !

We pulled up to the gate last year when we were out for a spring drive and we just wanted to drive into the campgrounds because we hadn't been there for a numbers of years because of the sour taste they have left...

Upon pulling up to the gate, there was a woman ranger there standing behind the attendant:

We asked if we could get a pass just to drive in and look around and just see what sites we kight like 'IF' we ever did decide just to go out for a weekend since it is so close to our house.

The woman ranger kept saying to the attendant: There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs...

I mean really ! The two Chihuahuas were sitting on my wifes lap, I mean they are like 4lbs each... dunno

The woman informed us that we could go down to the loop that allows dogs but dare not go any further... I told her we did not intend to let the 'vicious' dogs out, and we just wanted to look around...

She said if we could not follow the rules, then she cannot grant us permission into the park...

I was like... 'Really' blink

It was just unreal ! Then after we came around the pet loop, who is sitting at the end of the loop on her bicycle with her cute little helmet on, but the ranger woman who kept saying, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs, There's Dogs,

We pulled into the camp store and got ice cream... When I came out she was harassing a couple young teens sitting on the picnic tables outside the store...

We sat there eating our ice cream, and a ranger car came screaming in with their lights on... I was like really... come on... We were disgusted and decided to leave before they gots all COPS on the kids...

On our way out another ranger car with his lights and siren wailing was flying in the road like there was an officer down in a gun battle...

That place just seriously never ceases to amaze me...

MORE FREE CAMPING GIVEAWAYS THAN ANY OTHER SITE
Become a Member Today and Get Updates on FREE CAMPING !
SIMPLY CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER

Tell your friends, family and other campers...
Come On Over, We'll Keep The Fire Burning For Ya!

Camper: 2014 Keystone Fuzion 310 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler- Ask Us to See It !
Tow Vehicle: 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500HD - Duramax Diesel

#6412 - 04/12/11 10:07 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: CampingPA Ranger]
pyromug Offline
Lerch RV Customer
Overnight Camper

Loc: Everett, PA
Thank you for the input. When my husband told a few people at work we planned a week there, they expressed the same kind of frustrations. Then we were camping this past weekend and the couple we were with said the same thing. It just seemed everyone we talked to about the park used the words "gestapo" or "Nazi" when describing the rangers. I don't like to feel like I am walking on eggshells and with two big dogs, I think it has the potential to be a miserable week...

I heard the park is beautiful, so maybe we will put the kayaks on the van and take a day trip there, but for $10 we can change our reservation to another park.

I agree with Lerch, we are blessed with beautiful state parks. In the past we stayed at many of them and have plans to stay at 3-4 others this season. We have camped 3 times in our fifth wheel and twice was at Trough Creek State Park with our dogs, and the rangers were so friendly! And we walked them all over the park...

I understand there will be good and bad memories, but if we can avoid bad ones, we will. And our week scheduled is the week following July 4th, so it will probably be crowded...and the rangers will probably be really cranky!

Thank you again for the confirmation! We won't give up camping that week...just location!

Edited by pyromug (04/12/11 10:08 PM)

#6416 - 04/13/11 12:10 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: Backwoods]
Hammer07 Offline
Backpacker

Loc: Indiana County
we stayed at Prince Gallitzin last year and like others have said, it is a nice park except for the rangers. we saw them go to a campsite to make a guy move his vehicle because the tires were touching the asphalt. the guy had been drinking (in his camper) and as soon as he moved the car, they performed a field sobriety test and called the state police.
the rangers we spoke to had a major chip on their shoulder.

#11832 - 05/11/13 08:07 PM Re: Prince Gallitzin [Re: Backwoods]
HappyCamper2 Offline

Camping is My Life

Loc: Juniata county, PA
Holy cows, remind me never to reserve there! It was on my list of places to try but I think we will forego it. Our dog tuffy is elderly, very quiet, never ever barks at people or other dogs..but we dont need to subject him to that monkey business.
-------------------
2013 Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4 extended cab
2011 Summerland trailer 26ft

Moderator:  ArchibaldBarasol 
Advert
FREE Stickers - Get Other CPA Gear Here !

Just hot off the press

Check it out!

Click For More Info
ALSO - Check out our new Interactive Campgrounds Map
Become a Member - FREE -

Join today... For Your Chance To Win !

Click here

To Join Your Online Camping Family Today !

Our Virtual Campfire... Come Join Us !
Type in the box and Click Share...

Members At The Campfire
0 Members (), 1 Guest and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
howorld, opqrst975910, Dmrgnester, steved26, hankyk
1142 CampingPA Members
Most Recently Posted
USED TOY HAULER for sale: 2015 Puma Unleashed 32TFB travel trailer RV
by Lerch RV
10/09/18 09:24 AM
Upcoming events
Campground News
Random Pictures
Forum Stats