Your Online Camping Family

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4386 - 07/07/10 06:16 PM Cedar Lake Campground -Dover ,Pa.
bearschlayerx2 Offline
Sleeping Under the Stars

Loc: York
Hey everybody, we spent the day on Sunday July 4th at Cedar Lake Campground.Some friends of ours were tent camping there and invited us to visit for the day. It cost each adult $5.00 apiece for the day.I didn't think that was too hateful of a rate.Anyway it is a beautiful place. Our friends site was right at the lake and it was a big site.Could've fit 10 tents on it without any problem. We fished for a little while,caught a couple sunnys and stuff,but watched a couple guys land some nice sized bass.Then we spent a bit of time in the pool. They have a real nice in ground pool. Not sure what size but it was pretty big.They have a real nice store there also.Some stuff seemed a little pricey,but I guess that is to be expected. Would rather see money go there than Wal-Mart anyway.The only thing we didn't like was that there was only one bath house and it was pretty far away from the site we were using. They do have a laundromat there also and a church.All in all its a pretty nice clean and friendly place.We will have our own camping gear in the next couple days(finally)so hopefully I'll be able to review some more from this area.I think our first trip is going to be to go to Yogi on the River hopefully next week but we'll see.Our friends are going back to Cedar Lake again this weekend and if we have time to go visit again I will try to get some pics. Thanks all and I hope this helps someone out.Any other questions about it just ask . If I don't know I can find out as we only live about 20 minutes from there

Don't Want To See These Ads Anymore? Register a New User... Members don't have to see these ads !
#4395 - 07/08/10 07:34 AM Re: Cedar Lake Campground -Dover ,Pa. [Re: bearschlayerx2]
choc-yel Offline
Tent Camper

Loc: York, PA
We camp at Cedar lake at least four times or more over the summer. The kids love the fishing and the pool. They always seem to have something going on. I think it is the only campground that I've been to that they take you to your site and help back you in. Did you get a chance to visit their Choo Choo Barn? Really neat train layout. The campground is very clean and well maintained. I agree the bath house is some what off the beaten path but, it is located in the area that are weekend sites. Probably 2/3's of the sites at Cedar Lake are permanent sites.
There are plenty of campgrounds within a 20 mile radius of York. You'll have plenty to choose from.

#4399 - 07/08/10 12:17 PM Re: Cedar Lake Campground -Dover ,Pa. [Re: choc-yel]
bearschlayerx2 Offline
Sleeping Under the Stars

Loc: York
No we didn't make it to the Choo Choo barn.Hopefully we'll be going back this weekend,cause I'd like to check it out.It really seemed like a nice place. I wanted to go there Saturday night as they had a band there "Borderline" who we've seen before and are pretty good , but I just couldn't get done with work in time.
I know there are lots of campgrounds local here,and I would like to try a few,but I kinda like to go a little further away from the house.

#4407 - 07/08/10 02:19 PM Re: Cedar Lake Campground -Dover ,Pa. [Re: bearschlayerx2]
choc-yel Offline
Tent Camper

Loc: York, PA
We will be camping there the weekend of the 7/30. The kids love it, so if the kids are happy all is quiet. I think that weekend is their Christmas in July party.
Yeah it is nice to get further away but, depending on our daughter's work schedule it works out nice with us being within 45 minutes of home. Hopefully she wil be passing her drivers test the end of the month. Look out York County!

Moderator:  ArchibaldBarasol 
Advert
FREE Stickers - Get Other CPA Gear Here !

Just hot off the press

Check it out!

Click For More Info
ALSO - Check out our new Interactive Campgrounds Map
Become a Member - FREE -

Join today... For Your Chance To Win !

Click here

To Join Your Online Camping Family Today !

Our Virtual Campfire... Come Join Us !
Type in the box and Click Share...

Members At The Campfire
0 Members (), 5 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
hankyk, Thumper, Just_Call_Me_Al, Mobile_hermit, schmuttis
1138 CampingPA Members
Most Recently Posted
Upcoming events
Campground News
Random Pictures
Forum Stats
1138 Members
111 Forums
8612 Topics