Your Online Camping Family

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8309 - 04/26/12 09:19 AM Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status??
DianeScraps Offline
Here for The Week

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
I just tried to call to make reservations at their 800# and the 717# and got messages that they phone had been disconnected.

Anyone have any info?

I really hope it isn't closed, it's our favorite beginning / end of season stop.

Diane

Don't Want To See These Ads Anymore? Register a New User... Members don't have to see these ads !
#8328 - 04/26/12 05:32 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
DianeScraps Offline
Here for The Week

I sent them an email and geard back that they were having phone problems,

Reservations made roasting

#8345 - 04/27/12 11:17 AM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
familycamper Offline
Lerch RV Customer
Weekend Camper

Loc: Adams County
There online reservation system seems to be working.

The reviews are mixed for this place. Any feed back on site sizes etc. would be great

#8374 - 04/29/12 07:47 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
DianeScraps Offline
Here for The Week

We just got home.

This was our 5th time staying there, over the last 3 years.

Three summers ago it was obvious that they had new staff and were gung ho to clean things up and make things better. Last year they added some more staff, and seemed to be making fair progress.

This weekend, gave me some fear for the upcoming season. The camp is in ok condition, and I do realize that the prime seasons is not upon us yet (but we know PA weather has been more then nice enough to get a head start on some things). It definitely needs a spring clean up. The staff was also almost non existent. We saw only 2 female staff members (one a teenager) the entire weekend. And the office was only open 2 hours a day.

They also don't seem to know their sites when putting people in sites. The guy next to us had a rather short camper - maybe 17 feet, (ours is 30) and even though he had a rather long sewer hose the site was really too big for him to be able to hook up all of the ultilities . . . they only stayed one night, so I guess they just dealt with the no sewer thing.

On the positive side - it is a very level campground, lots of pull throughs, trees are nicely spread out, and not low hanging.

The location of the campground is nice, because you can get to lots of attractions pretty easily: Cabela's, Lancaster, Race Tracks, Fort Indiantown Gap, etc

#8376 - 04/29/12 08:09 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
DianeScraps Offline
Here for The Week

My husband took a couple of pics this weekend, not really much of the campground, but I thought I would share:

It was cold!

#12821 - 06/24/13 09:09 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
scott Offline
Backpacker

Loc: PA
Wanted to give you a Quick note I been there befor the mday holladay and i got there pool up an going also doing the 4th events there so i,m showing them this can be a real family camp they just need to stop thinking like a koa you need things for kids to do and if not they will never make $6.400 a day filling the place heres a list of the 4th events 4th of July Celebrations
4th
Come one come all join in on are Flashlight Candy Hunt
8pm meet at front of Check in

5th
1pm Super Soaker
Dodge the balloon,Kids this is the time to get Mom and Dad
2pm Bean bag toss Next to pool
3pm Horseshoe Tournament
4pm Hay Ride
(Mom and Dad nows the time to pay back when the
wagon passes your site get them wet with your hose (MUST HAVE A HOSE SPRAYER ON YOUR HOSE )
7pm
Bingo under the pavilion

6th
1pm Volleyball for all
2pm Horseshoe Final /Pool Games
3pm Get Messy With Your Friends
5pm Kids Bingo free
7pm
Meet and Greet /Dj and Smores for all at the pavilion

The staff here at Jonestown campground Thanks you and hopes you had a wonderful time here and We hope to see you all again soon

#13759 - 07/22/13 10:14 AM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
DianeScraps Offline
Here for The Week

We went back to Jonestown campground this past weekend 7/19-7/21 and we were hugely disappointed.

From our arrival - approximately 8pm on Friday, the store was closed and there was nothing in the night arrival box for us. A woman, who didn't really identify herself, came over and told us we had probably reserved at the Jonestown KOA (I understand that this may have happened to many, many people, but I was very careful not to do that) She said just fill out the envelope and drop it in the slot.

This woman may be an owner? She kept referencing a male owner, but then she stated that her lawyer had written to the former Lickdale Campground, now Jonestown KOA about them using the Jonestown KOA name. She also stated that they were in the process of becoming a Yogi Bear Campground.

For the entire weekend we were the only non-seasonal campers on the site. This was surprising to me since I had called several other local campgrounds and they were booked full for this weekend.

There are now chickens and a rooster on site, within 50 feet of the children's play area, and they are aggressive. There was a group renting the pavilion and while a toddler was playing in the play area it was attacked by a rooster.

There are a small number of seasonal units, though their doesn't seem to be any monitoring of what is going on there one unit appears to be a flea market dealer or a hoarder.

They appear to be allowing day use of the pool facilities. Our children were questioned about if they had paid to use the pool.

Additionally there appears to be no monitoring of the ages of the kids in the pool area and their adult supervision. I observed 4 children in the pool, with no adults and the age range on the kids appeared to be about 4 - 10.

No new gravel was put down this year, and probably for at least the last two years, some of the 'road' area is almost completely taken over by grass.

Our cable connection was missing, as were several others near our site, it appeared that they may have been hit by a lawn mower or other piece of equipment.

Our sewer connection pipe had been broken and not repaired.

My husband purchased 2 bundles of firewood from the store, for $10 total. The wood bundles were extremely small and the length of the pieces of wood was approximately 10 inches.

There were no activities, we never saw the ice cream shop open.

The woman did reference that next weekend would be busy for pirate weekend, I just don't see how that is possible.

So if you need a place to park overnight, or if you have the desire to be completely alone in a campground this campground is ok. We will not be returning.

#13769 - 07/22/13 06:14 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
HappyCamper2 Offline

Camping is My Life

Loc: Juniata county, PA
Awwww what a shame for you....
-------------------
2013 Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4 extended cab
2011 Summerland trailer 26ft

#13784 - 07/22/13 06:53 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
HappyCamper2 Offline

Camping is My Life

Loc: Juniata county, PA
Mikehen posted some updates on that situation and I am thinking he posted it in the weekly news tidbits, check there hon, see if you can find it and if not just send Mikehen a message, I know he had researched the situation
-------------------
2013 Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4 extended cab
2011 Summerland trailer 26ft

#13786 - 07/22/13 06:56 PM Re: Jonestown KOA??? Anyone have a status?? [Re: DianeScraps]
mikhen Offline

Spend More Time Camping than Working

Loc: Oley, Berks County, Pa
I'll post a link to it when I get on the computer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ArchibaldBarasol 
Advert
FREE Stickers - Get Other CPA Gear Here !

Just hot off the press

Check it out!

Click For More Info
ALSO - Check out our new Interactive Campgrounds Map
Become a Member - FREE -

Join today... For Your Chance To Win !

Click here

To Join Your Online Camping Family Today !

Our Virtual Campfire... Come Join Us !
Type in the box and Click Share...

Members At The Campfire
0 Members (), 2 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
steved26, hankyk, Thumper, Just_Call_Me_Al, Mobile_hermit
1139 CampingPA Members
Most Recently Posted
Upcoming events
Campground News
Random Pictures
Forum Stats
1139 Members
111 Forums
8618 Topics