Jellystone

Posted by: Mama Bear

Jellystone - 09/29/09 10:30 AM

Has anyone camped at a Jellystone campground, home of Yogi Bear? This summer we went to Jellystone in Mill Run, PA, near Somerset. Our kids really enjoyed camping there because there was so much for them to do. We kept busy the entire stay. The weekend we went was their Halloween themed weekend. Campers had their sites decorated and the kids got to dress up and trick or treat around the campground. They also had a haunted wagon ride/walk. My daughter changed her mind real fast on that ride.

The park offers free rides on their fire truck, hay wagon, train, and picnic basket express (it looks like a giant picnic basket). They have two inground pools, water slides, arcade, outdoor movies, minature golf, and more. Plus you will see Yogi, Boo Boo, and Cindy hanging around.

I've heard that each Jellystone is a little different. Let me know if you stayed at one and if you liked it. I think we will go back because our kids really enjoyed it.

Posted by: Crash

Re: Jellystone - 09/29/09 02:32 PM

i have been there before. was allot of fun.
Posted by: CampingPA Ranger

Re: Jellystone - 09/29/09 03:00 PM

I hope you have been there before... :cheer

Seeing as how you and Mama Bear would have had the chitlins there...

Would have been alot of fun...

I always wanted to do a HaUNteD TrAiL :evil

Would be fun to create one and scare everyone...

Re: Jellystone - 09/29/09 03:08 PM

lmccloskey is planning on doing one

Re: Jellystone - 09/29/09 03:10 PM

Where at?

Re: Jellystone - 09/29/09 03:28 PM

sidman. but i don't think he's gonna get it all together for this year. so he is going to do a dry run and plan for next year. he is looking for volunteers though. i'll tell him to get on here and give you details
Posted by: lmccloskey

Re: Jellystone - 09/29/09 03:44 PM

Yeah I am looking to get a good sampling of what it will be this year. I need to do that to figure out how many workers I will need. The thing is in Sidman around my house. I have about 6 acers and the trail walks you around most of the property. Anyone interested in coming to the sampling of it this year?

Re: Jellystone - 09/30/09 03:19 PM

lou, please don't hijack mama's thread

Re: Jellystone - 09/30/09 03:28 PM

Hey Lou... I would do it...

Keep me posted!

Tom

Re: Jellystone - 09/30/09 07:24 PM

john and stacy are going to jellystone over halloween weekend. i imagine it wouldn't be that great cause i think most of the park is shutdown
Posted by: WalleyeGuy

Re: Jellystone - 10/15/09 10:10 PM

We have stayed at the Mill Run Jellystone several times. When our daughter was younger she really enjoyed the activities the campground offers.

We have also stayed at a Jellystone in Ohio near Six Flags several times. My daughter, her friend and I were invited to be the Yogi Bear characters one weekend. It was very warm in the costumes but we had a lot of fun.