Some of our favorite campgrounds

Posted by: Washpa Randy

Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/18/09 09:30 PM

Figured I'd get something started in here.

Besides the many state parks that we always enjoy visiting/staying at, there are a couple campgrounds that are our favorites.

1. Pioneer Park, Somerset
2. Kozy Rest, Harrisville

Both are very well run, have full hookups and have a friendly/helpful staff. I would recommend both for weekend stays or as base camps for longer periods.
Posted by: campinfamily

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/19/09 12:29 PM

We pretty much stay at State Parks due to the cost.We have 6 kids and most private campgrounds rates are based on 4 person family.So at a state park we save money.
Posted by: flapjack

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/21/09 04:35 PM

Pioneer Park is one of my favorites.
Posted by: stevenstiegel

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/22/09 08:09 PM

Love Benners in Ohiopyle and the State Park as well. Washpa Randy, your post on spiders reminded me of a time my wife and I were camping at ohipyle in the state park and she went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and woke me up screaming saying there was a bear growling at her. However, all the fuss was over a little racoon.
Posted by: Crash

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/22/09 08:11 PM

lol

i got a good story on spiders but i don't think i'm gonna post it
Posted by: Washpa Randy

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/22/09 08:17 PM

We used to stay at Benners years ago. In fact, we still have a plastic platter that I won in a Hula dance contest during their luau.

Speaking of raccoons. We took my brother in law and sister in law to Raccoon State Park one time. A raccoon was sitting up begging while my brother in law was eating his mountain pie.
Posted by: CampingPA Ranger

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 09/22/09 08:42 PM

Speaking of Racoons Again !

I think Mama Bear needs to post her story about her Racoon Experience!

COME ON BING IT ON !
Posted by: blackngoldncamo

Re: Some of our favorite campgrounds - 01/26/10 10:22 AM

Bennett Acres is a good campground to go to when attending a concert at Starlake. Be prepared to party though! This campground is definately not for those looking for a peaceful weekend, well at least on concert weekends.