Any reviews from those here on the board?

Posted by: Becka03

Any reviews from those here on the board? - 10/15/12 10:47 AM

I went to Gettysburg with my son on his 5th grade field trip to Gettyburg - and I loved it! it was a total regular bus day trip... I am thinking this would be a great fun camping trip- it really isn't that far from us- and we could even keep going further south then to go to my Brother in Laws house-
anyone stay here?
Posted by: DianeScraps

Re: Any reviews from those here on the board? - 10/15/12 11:33 AM

I can HIGHLY recommend Granite Hill Campground http://www.granitehillcampingresort.com/ Great campground, staff that goes Way, way, way above and beyond. Convenient to the Gettysburg tourist attractions too.

We have also stayed at Gettysburg Farm, which isn't really close to Gettysburg at all. It's nice, but not my top choice.
Posted by: Becka03

Re: Any reviews from those here on the board? - 10/15/12 12:49 PM

Wow- thank you for posting that!
it looks huge- I bookmarked the site- and they Had Velvetta there this summer! LOL- I love them- they just played at a wedding I went to this weekend:)
I showed my hubby the site-he loves Gettysburg too- I think the kids would love to see it!
Posted by: DianeScraps

Re: Any reviews from those here on the board? - 10/15/12 02:02 PM

My pleasure.

Be sure to check out their deals too. One of my favorites that they offer frequently is if you camp two weekends in a row you can leave the camper on the site for the week in between for free.

Our kids love Gettysburg. We have been out 5 times now, there is so much to see and learn!